The Cool Car Guys – Madison, WI’s Trusted Used Car Dealer and Reputable Service Center
The Cool Car Guys is Madison’s #1 choice for a reliable used car dealership that’s dedicated to top-notch customer service. With us, you won’t find starchy suits trying to “cut you” a shady-sounding deal. We’re just a bunch of “cool” guys with a love for cars and helping people. We aim to give you a personalized, family-friendly experience that makes car-buying easy, no matter what your situation may be.
When Madison drivers looks for a used car dealer, they know they’re going to love our “cool”, laid-back atmosphere and dependable customer service. We’re committed to providing you the knowledge and expertise that make the process simple, so you can leave our lot with the best car that fits your lifestyle for the best price. There’s no pressure here to get the latest model or the flashiest accessories; here at the Cool Car Guys, we keep your best interests in mind.
Madison Area Drivers Trust our Professional Service
Your credit history or lack thereof won’t be an issue with us. When you come to the Cool Car Guys, the “cool” in our name means that we’re cool with any situation and are flexible in what we can do to get you the car that you want. We have partnerships with many different lenders, so you can get approved for the car that’s right for your needs. Whatever vehicle you’re looking for, whether it’s a sportscar, truck, or SUV, we have something for everyone. And we back up all of our sales, giving you the best service after you’ve taken your car home. If you have any issues or problems with your vehicle, we’ll do everything in our power to find you the fairest and fastest solution.
Best Variety of Used Vehicles Near Madison
Do you have a vision of your perfect dream car? Or are you just starting to think about what your new ride could be? Wherever you are in that process, the Cool Car Guys has you covered. We have a large selection of vehicles to choose from, ranging from stylish sedans and adaptable SUVs to robust trucks and family-friendly minivans. Just let us know your preferred style, model year and your budget and we’ll find the best car for your needs.
Madison’s Top Service Center
Our experienced Madison, WI service technicians make car maintenance simple. We offer a variety of services that will keep your car on the road longer and at peak performance. From basic preventative services to more in-depth repairs, you can count on the Cool Car Guys to get you back on the road quickly and for the right price. Whether you bought your car from us or from somewhere else, we’ve got you covered for all your service needs.
We offer many preventative maintenance services for Madison drivers, including:
- Oil Changes
- Your car needs the oil changed approximately every 3,000-5,000 miles. You can check your manual to see how often it is recommended for your vehicle. Don’t wait until the warning light comes on! Oil changes are critical in keeping your vehicle running smoothly, because it removes engine sludge buildup and particles from wear and tear. Fresh oil also maintains lubrication for the moving parts of the engine and reduces excessive heat.
- Cool Car Guys offers conventional, full synthetic and synthetic blend oils. Ask us about which type of oil is right for keeping your vehicle in tip-top shape.
- Filter Changes
- Your air filter should be replaced approximately every 12,000-15,000 miles. Keeping your air filter clean can increase fuel efficiency, reduce emissions, and prolong the life of your engine by reducing how hard the car must work to filter air flow.
- Wheel Alignment
- Your wheels should be realigned every two to three years. This ensures your wheels are meeting the road at a proper angle, giving you a smoother ride, and prolonging the life of your tires.
- Tire Rotation
- You should rotate your tires (switching the front tires to the rear and vice versa) approximately every 3,000-5,000 miles. This will extend the life of your tires by evening out their wear and tear, as the front tires can wear down faster than the rear because of braking and accelerating.
- There are several different patterns of tire rotation, depending on what type of vehicle you have and the type of wear that has affected your tires. Front wheel drive cars are rotated in a forward cross pattern, with the rear tires being moved to the front on the opposite side and the front tires being moved to the back on the same side. Rear and 4-wheel drive cars have the tires rotated in a rear cross pattern, the opposite of the forward cross. Both configurations can also be rotated in an X pattern, with both sets of tires switching sides.
- There are also front-to-rear and side-to-side patterns. Front-to-rear is used for vehicles with same-sized directional wheels and/or tires, while side-to-side is used for vehicles equipped with differently sized non-directional tires and/or wheels on the front axle as opposed to the rear axle.
- Tire Inflation
- The ideal PSI (pounds per square inch) for your tire pressure varies by vehicle make and model. Rapid weather changes are more likely to cause your tire pressure to increase or decrease, so check often. We can adjust your tire pressure quickly and easily for you. Maintaining the correct PSI will help your tires last longer and improve fuel economy.
Repair and Replacement Services
Is your car making a horrible clunky noise? Are your brakes not functioning like they should? Madison drivers trust us for their vehicle repairs and part replacements, including:
- Brake Repair
- Your brake system can malfunction in several different ways. Your brake pads wear down overtime and need replacing. If the brake pads are not attended to, the rotors will warp and result in them being useless. Another way your braking system could malfunction is getting a leak in your braking system; no matter the issue, though, we can diagnose and repair it efficiently.
- Belt Repair/Replacement
- Serpentine belts tend to last up to 50,000 miles or five years before needing to be replaced, but issues can arise, as well. If you’re hearing a squealing noise, your power steering or your air conditioning goes out, or your engine starts to overheat, these are all signs that the serpentine belt needs to be replaced.
- Hose Repair/Replacement
- Your radiator hose carries coolant from the radiator to the engine to keep your vehicle from overheating. Signs of a leaking or damaged radiator hose include green fluid pooling underneath the vehicle, repeatedly having to replenish the fluid or your engine overheating.
- Exhaust System Repairs
- The most common exhaust system issues include leaks, smoke, malfunctioning oxygen sensor or rusting. If you’re hearing strange noises, feeling excessive vibration, or seeing smoke, schedule a service appointment immediately to get your exhaust system looked at.
- Steering System Repairs
- If you notice your vehicle pulling to one side, excessive vibration of your steering wheel, an unusually loose or tight steering wheel, strange noises while turning or discolored power steering fluid, there could be issues with your steering system as a whole.
- Suspension Repairs/Maintenance
- If your ride is unusually rough, your vehicle pulls to one side, or you notice difficulty steering, it could mean your suspension needs repairs or maintenance.
We even do our best to get you in the same day. Schedule your vehicle service now with us.
The Cool Car Guys – Madison’s Top Pick Since 2020!
From first-class used vehicles to spectacular service, the Cool Car Guys takes pride in being your one-stop shop for all your automotive needs. Come see for yourself the Cool Car Guys difference. Make a service appointment today or stop in to see our inventory. We’ll be waiting for you to provide amazing customer service and affordable rates, every time.